Director of Sales & Business Development
Reports To: President/Co-Founder
theAppPlace (TAP) Innovations…THE Integrated Digital Toolbox, based in the Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex (DFW), delivers cloud-based solutions for business Digital Transformation. TAP…THE Integrated Digital Toolbox automates manual processes and greatly reduces spreadsheet sprawl, actions data into information and performs intelligent content organization across people and entity enterprises. Designed and developed by industry veterans with more than 20 years’ experience, master data and content management software provide a single source of truth so businesses can collaborate real-time with teams, clients and third parties. A growing set of Digital Tools; C3, C2P, myBI, iSMS, TRN, and Admin are web and mobile enabled and quick to fill data interoperability gaps with core business systems. These Digital Tools are complemented with state-of-the-art infrastructure, security, a responsive and customer friendly support team, and the fabulous TAP Integration Fabric. With this strong Digital Toolbox the TAP team creates AMAZING Solutions that solve today’s top business issues and challenges. TAP Innovations solutions (20+ use cases) have been implemented to streamline business processes for leading healthcare and financial management organizations as well as internal departments for companies from 50-15,000 employees and users. These tools are suitable for any industry and in all markets across the United States, but the sweet spot target market are those companies in the SMB Market with 100 to 1000 employees. See www.tapinnov.com for more information.
TAP’s unique platform allows for 2 great business development options:
- Replace manual processes and spreadsheets by creating new TAP Solutions with TAP’s Integrated Digital Toolbox
- Sell TAP’s growing industry diverse Solution inventory to solve client business problems
To build this business strategy, TAP is seeking an experienced, dynamic, and innovative Director of Sales & Business Development to lead its strategic and day-to-day sales functions as noted below:
- Using the two (2) business development options above, develop and implement the multi-year Sales & Business Development strategy, goals, initiatives, and budgets for DFW as well as a plan for other regions across the United States working closely with the TAP Senior Leadership team. This includes plans for multi-industry verticals.
- Lead, build, train, and manage the TAP Sales Team including creating, developing, and maintaining sales tools and materials. Currently, TAP has 32 independent Sales Executives in DFW that have signed contracts to sell the TAP Platform since September 2018.
- Current TAP Sales Program (TSP) Training materials (videos, documents, scripts, tools, etc.) were created in August 2018.
- Be a ‘hands-on’ TAP Sales Executive by daily seeking/contacting/following up/meeting with/developing new prospects and leads through multi-channels (phone, email, social media, etc.).
- Perform TAP’s 7 Sales Steps to close TAP Solution deals for clients leveraging TAPs iSMS (Sales & Marketing System).
- Lead Generation, Lead Qualification, Send Information, Opportunity Meeting, Assessment Meeting, Proposal/Pricing/POC, Contracts/SOW
- Perform and train the TAP Sales Team to perform Account Management steps to continually upsell new TAP Solutions to existing clients.
- Work and Communicate with the TAP President daily and weekly including regular Sales Status reporting.
- Plan and lead regular TAP Sales Executive meetings including authoring/writing regular Sales Team newsletters.
This position reports to the TAP President and works closely with other direct reports of the President (TAP Senior Leadership) on a regular basis to establish the overall TAP strategy, goals and direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties may be assigned.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Research, define, manage, and monitor capital and expense budget and actuals related to Sales & Business Development and all associated costs.
- Maintain relevant and current documentation related to Sales & Business Development.
- Regularly communicate and present relevant information to company senior management.
- Use metrics data for Sales & Business Development.
- Set and maintain goals for Sales Team members.
- Train and develop team members.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and partners.
- Perform regular performance reviews.
- Develop and implement new products/services.
- Proactively take initiative and move projects forward with limited direction.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work at a swift pace.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ease with building / establishing rapport with an array of people and teams.
- Professional demeanor, goal-oriented, self-motivated, creative, flexible and adaptable to new situations.
- Passion for learning, trying new things, understanding what works and quickly adjusting what does not work.
LEADERSHIP EXPECTATIONS AT TAP
Model TAP core values (OTCC-Ownership, Thoroughness, Communication and Closure)
Embrace TAP culture including; maintaining an open door policy of approachability, sharing information and cascading messages from the senior leadership team
Responsible for providing team leadership to a client-focused team
In accordance with organizational goals, provide direction to team on activities and behaviors
Represent team, presenting team suggestions and recommendations on processes and procedures in accordance with organization cost, quality, and productivity goals
Recommend changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
Recognize team members on accomplishments and achievement
Will make recommendations for performance evaluation, training, work allocation and problem resolution
Participate in the development of strategic goals and objectives; recommend, implement, and administer methods and procedures for sales organization
Mentor and motivate team members to enhance skill level as part of the management succession program
Coach and motivate direct reports and provide feedback to ensure performance objectives are being met
Communicate and meet deadlines effectively and negotiate new dates when necessary
Act timely on information to ensure your team and peers have what they need to move initiatives forward – don’t be a bottleneck
Maintain confidences required of senior leaders at TAP
- Minimum five (5) years of Technical Sales experience (preferably software; custom software a plus)
- Minimum three (3) years of leading a Sales Team of 3 or more
- National Sales Experience a plus
ABOUT JOHN RAGSDALE, PRESIDENT/CO-FOUNDER OF TAP
How We Got Started:
John Ragsdale, President and Co-Founder of theAppPlace (TAP) Innovations has always had a knack for process improvement and automation. Building applications is second-nature, with an engineering degree and a CIO mindset spanning 20 years, John put his passion to work as he found ways where information can be more accessible and efficiencies can be gained with his own developed solutions. Departmental budgets are often limited and IT solutions may be difficult to receive approval. John became self-sufficient in creating application solutions with key data integrations that replace spreadsheets and manual or paper-based processes. John continued to develop his customized solution to gain workplace efficiencies by including strong relational database designs, robust reporting and analytics, expandability options and successful integration with core business systems.
These core business systems for use in human resources, Finance, ERP, and Electronic Medical Records, to name a few, were often good, but typically fell short in interoperability and product updates. Reverting to manual process and spreadsheet data tracking can stall productivity and company growth. Leading the charge to workplace efficiency as John traversed the healthcare, financial and aerospace industries, he leveraged current technology for automation and expanded product capabilities to include web and mobile rendering software languages. John and his teams found the robust and scalable solutions were valuable to other company departments who struggled with manual processes and lack of collaborative data sharing. With a base set of tools and solutions, custom apps were quick, easy and cost effective to build, adding more reusable functions, features and modules with each app.
In 2017 theAppPlace (TAP) Innovations was formed to help organizations of all sizes across all industries digitally transform and achieve real business success. Vast IT and product development knowledge means our team and technology can identify manual and spreadsheet-intensive processes as well as non-integrated systems, and implement out-of-the-box solutions or customized applications so people can collaborate real-time and information can be trusted across an enterprise.
For nearly 25 years John has provided technology leadership, vision, strategic planning, to help organizations deliver large-scale project solutions. This vast experience in cost and data management for diverse departmental and organizational needs drove John to create TAP Innovations so anyone can benefit from better data management for staff, customers and partners. John’s experience spans multiple types of healthcare organizations and providers as well as consulting services for aerospace and other industries.
Most recently John has led the information and technology transformations for several multi-site, multi-state and diverse healthcare organizations including EyeCare Services Partners, Senior Care Centers, StratiFi Health/multi-specialty and pharmacy services, Catalyst Health Network ACO and Stericycle Communication Solutions. As the CIO for the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals John led the implementation of innovative technology solutions for Louisiana Medicaid, Public Health, Behavioral Health, Adult and Aging, and other DHH offices. He also served as Statewide HIT Coordinator for the Louisiana ARRA HITECH initiatives. He was also VP of IT for MCIC Vermont, the medical malpractice insurance company for Johns Hopkins Health System, Yale-New Haven Health System, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, and the University of Rochester Medical Center. Lastly, he served as Director of Applications with CGI Consulting for a specialty benefits division of Humana.
As a consultant for Andersen Consulting/now Accenture and Independent, John provided leadership and strategy for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana, Lockheed-Martin, and other major companies.
He received his BS in Industrial Engineering from Louisiana State University and currently resides in the Dallas/Fort Worth region with his family.